Friday, November 15, 2013

I Made That!

Felt Banner
As a crafty kind of gal many times I see things while I'm out shopping and think to myself  "I can make that!" or "I can alter that!"  No, really almost on a daily basis and working in retail does not help!

 I love all of the cute seasonal banners, but don't love that they are drenched in glitter. Don't get me wrong, I like glitter just don't love it. There is a time and a place for everything and my house is definitely not the place for all of that glitter (sorry Beth). That is why I have resorted to making my own.

 I went to my local craft store and picked out a couple of sheets of felt in the colors of my choice. I cut a template with a piece of cardboard and used it as a guide to cute each individual flag for my banner. Once they were all cut, I used a piece of thin twine and a needle to assemble the banner. I don't think it gets any easier than this, no glue, no mess! Just scissors, twine and felt! And now that Fall is coming to an end, I have to go back to the craft store and get some different colors of felt for a Christmas banner...

Thanks for stopping by and listening to me ramble... Have a GREAT weekend!!

No comments: