Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Graduation Mini Album - 2013

One of the projects that I have been working on lately, a Graduation Mini Album for my Nephew. He graduated from High School last week. I cannot believe he is nearly 18 years old already and packing up to go away to college. 

2013
I found this pre-cut album at Michaels. The year and cap were pre-cut, too cool!
I covered the front with paper and used an exacto knife to cut out the date and cap. I then added red and black cardstock to the backside of the cover. I made the tassel from Twinery twine and used a Tim Holtz clip to hang it from the jump ring. It was so easy to make and really is a nice touch. 

This is page 1 and 2. I added a few quotes though out the book, because I'm not sure how many pictures my Sister will have to add to the album. 
As you can see I stuck with red, black, white and grey. Similar to his school colors.

Pages 3 and 4. It was fun mixing different Alphabet stickers for the quotes. These are mainly Bella Blvd and Jillibean Soup. 

I think I got them all pretty straight?

Pages 5 and 6. I pieced together the graduation cap by cutting a diamond shape and a rectangle. I used my corner rounder to round off the bottom of the rectangle and popped up the diamond shape for the top of the hat. It was super easy to create! I used a little silver chalk to make the small details stand out.

A closer peek...


Back Cover
I decorated the back cover with designer tape, washi tape and Bella Blvd chipboard Alphabets and Numbers. 

I don't make many mini albums, but I should! They are fun to make and it's nice to have a finished project! 

Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments: