Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Memory Works Fall Blog Hop.

Welcome to The Desperate Scrapper Blog, you should have arrived here from the Memory Works blog, that is the first stop on the hop. Make sure to leave a comment for a chance to win a prize!!

OK, now grab you cup of coffee and browse around...

Today I am sharing a  layout and card using  Simple Stories Harvest Lane.
This collection and all of the elements are available in the Memory Works Fall/Winter Catalog.

Fall Days
I started with Jenni Bowlin Bank Statement Kraft for the background and built my layout using Simple Stories Harvest Lane. The two paired together turned out to be quite the match! I also dusted off my Cricut and cut out a few leaves. I should use my maching a little bit more often.

It's all about the details...
I also added a few buttons from my stash, for a little added dimension.

And I also made a quick card...

Autumn Blessings
This card would fall under the category "Quick Cards" I cut out a bingo card and again used my Cricut to cut some leaves. Nothing too time consuming. Layered the leaves on the bingo card, added a button and some twine on top of a base containing cardstock and Simple Stories patterned paper. Really, it was quick!

a closer look..

Fall is without a doubt my favorite season. I love the colors, the smells and the crispness in the air. Oh, and my hair looks better without all of the humidity of Summer.. lol!


Details.....

Just a reminder as you hop along to each blog, leave a comment, each comment you leave is an additional chance for you to win a prize provided by Memory Works!
>>>>>>> Your next stop on the hop is <<<<<<<

If you get lost along the hop you can go here to get back on track!

30 comments:

Jenn & Erik said...

Cute card!

Sandy said...

Love Simple Stories line!

Beautiful layout and card!

taushash said...

I LOVE Harvest Lane. It's one of my favorite lines from Simple Stories.

Jessica Johnson said...

Ohh I love the Simple Stories Harvest Lane!!! Love the layout you made soo cute!! :D

jw2886 said...

Like your quick card! Like your layout, good combination with the kraft page and harvest lane. This is my favorite time of year as well, and harvest lane hits the nail on the head with their colors and designs!

Laurie Louis said...

Sweet and simple!

Kim said...

Awesome layout and card!

Rosann said...

first off that little boy is precious. it's a great photo. i am loving that jenni bowlin paper too. thanks for the inspiration.

Shelley Taylor said...

Can't wait to get this!

Kevin C said...

Great Job. Harvest Lane is one of my favorite lines.

Kelly said...

So cute, Sheri! I'm loving your layered leaves :)

Lacey said...

Cute layout and card Sheri!! love this simple stories line! Nice work!

Kim said...

Cute! I just ordered the Harvest Lane snap pages! :)

Jana said...

Cute card - I love the Fall season best too!!

mudrivergirl said...

Simple Stories Harvest Lane is one of my very favorites from this catalog! So glad u picked it!

Paige said...

Cute stuff. I really need to break out my Cricut more often and take advantage of all the lovely things it can do!

Sandy said...

LOVE the layout!! That background paper really makes the page - well done!

Michele Bryant said...

This is a great simple way to get tings started for fall pictures,and the card will be great for a fall just because card!great job!

eRiCaRoSe said...

love how you used the jenni bowlin in your layout!!

Tracy Ennis said...

Lovin the magnets !

Melanie Seppeler said...

Cute stuff!

Scraptastic Jen said...

I love the SS Harvest Lane line - I love how you layered the leaves :)

Cathy said...

I love those leaves! And how you tied them together with a button and twine!

Jody Spiegelhoff said...

Wonderful!! Totally shows your love of Fall! Perfect touches with the button & leaves!!

gloria said...

Love, love the harvest lane and wasn't sure how to use it so thanks for the inspiration!!

Tammy said...

The Harvest Lane line is one of my very favorite Simple Stories set! You projects are great!

Christine Pennington said...

Simply Sweet!

Lisa said...

I love your layering - you make it look effortless!

Jenn said...

I love the pairing of Jenni Bowlin and SS. TFS!

Jeana said...

Wow, love that scrapbook page. The papers you used really make that photo pop! Great page!