Saturday, April 14, 2012

Your Happy Place - Bella Blvd Sketch Challenge

I know that I have been a slacker recently on my blogging, so I'm making up for it by blogging on Saturday. Which is funny because there aren't many readers on Saturday according to Site Meter. So for the few of you that are stopping in, this one's for you....

I created this layout based on a sketch for the Bella Blvd Blog.

Your Happy Place
I switched it up a bit here and scrapbooked a photo of my hubby. So this is what he looks like when he is smiling, showing teeth. I used Bella Blvd's Baby Boy and Sunshine & Happiness products to create this masterpiece, lol!

A closer peek...
Got a little crazy with Mr. Huey's and had a little smudge on the chipboard, I'll call that "character."

So, funny story (sort of). Did you know that each time I send in a layout or project for Bella I have to submit a "write up" on each project. I find this to be kind of difficult and usually am at a loss for words, mostly because my humor doesn't really come thru in them, especially if you don't know me. So, I have started doing something to make it a little more fun! First I write a "fake/goofy" write up. It is very vague most times. I thought that I would share my "fake" write up on this layout here....

"I printed this picture from a magazine of this kinda cute guy. He looked pretty happy so I thought he would look good with the Sunshine & Happiness collection. I don't know this dude but I bet he really likes summer and since most men don't smile all that much, showing teeth anyways I know that he is in his happy place. I'm guessing that this is his first go around on the tube, he may not be smiling much after his wife whips him off that tube with her precision boat driving skills."



For real though, I took that photo and I am legally married to the man in the photo, I just like to think I am hilarious!!!

Thanks for stopping by.....

4 comments:

Penny said...

I love the way you border these pictures.

Christy said...

I am running out of photos to scrap- I may need to resort to magazine clipping - lol.

Great layout. I love this Bella line, so fun an colorful.
Scott does look happy.

Marcia said...

I love your sense of humor and I totally get it. That's the kind of writer I am. Love the layout too. Thanks.

MaineOkie said...

lol too funny my hubby never smiles and hates getting his pix taken but i love your layout!