Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Work In Progress

I decided it was time to update Logan's room, after all he is 9 and Baby Snoopy has got to go. Turns out that it takes about four people to work on a 10x10 bedroom, this is a family affair....

Logan wanted to paint so bad that he couldn't be bothered with clothing! Really, this is what happens when I say to him "go put on a different shirt." He heard "take off the shirt and get painting."

Good thing I didn't ask him to change his pants as well, this blog post wouldn't be happening. I guess I will have to choose my words wisely with him, and never ask him to change before he goes on a date! lol!!

At least one of my children knows that you don't paint shirtless :)

All of the walls were resurfaced. One was pretty nasty, not anymore. I'm really thinking that I need all of my walls to get a little bit of texture. It really was easy to do, especially for me because all I did was watch...er..uh..supervise?

Two coats of primer, three coats of paint and we are 99% done painting, just a few touch ups to do. We have three walls painted Tan and one wall painted a Burnt Red.

Waiting for the carpeting to be installed. Then we will replace all of the woodwork. We already installed a new baseboard heater ,thermostat, ceiling fan, and moose light. I will be making a trip to Ikea shortly to pick up a dresser. I saw one that I like in their catalog, but I have to see it in person to make sure I still like it. I have had new bedding sitting in a bag for a little while now, 5 months is a little while right? I am also on the search for a ratty old boat oar, I have two and need one more.

I can't wait until it is all done so I can share pictures. And I would like to start working on the bathroom.

Thanks for stopping by and listening to my blah blah blah...

p.s. I am a really good speller, my spell check just told me so :)


2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Can't wait to see the finished reveal! Hey, don't be upset about a shirtless boy---it's always nice to have help and encouragement! ;)

Tracie said...

Can't wait to see it! Logan he cracks me up! Lol!