Tuesday, September 28, 2010

True Confession...

Here it is , my confession.. I cannot sew. I cannot sew a straight line to save my life. It is frustrating and exhausting! I have given up on the idea of stitched scrapbook projects. I just really stink at it! And I know I am not the only one! So, I have the next best thing. Drawn on stitching (because I can draw a straight line, with a ruler that is). Check out the faux stitching on my cards. I did two different ones..........


I used a ruler to draw the straight lines and left space where I wanted to zig-zag (doodle, whatever you call it). Then I went back and free handed the zig-zag. Not much skill involved there :)

For this one I just free handed the faux stitching. I used the edge of the paper as my guide.
I used the Bo Bunny Whoo-ligan's Halloween paper's to create these cuties. And it was super easy to add the "faux stitching." It was the finishing touch on both cards. So simple a scrapbooker can do it! Though I will probably never have hand sewn scrapbooking layouts/cards, I can fake it!

No comments: