Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Peanut Butter Investment

So I have been on a quest to eat more organic products. Most of the products I have tried I really like and will not go back to non-organic. The one thing that I cannot get used to is Organic Peanut Butter. I keep telling myself to give it a chance. But truth be told it's not Skippy Creamy Peanut Butter, I miss it. I miss the creamy, meltyness (yes, I believe this is a word no matter what spell checker suggests) of Skippy on my whole wheat english muffin in the morning. But, I have guilt! Organic products are a little more pricey that the good old brands so I cannot just throw it away. I saw my good old pal Skippy on the shelf and had to leave it behind like an orphan because I made an investment in Organic peanut butter (my health). So needless to say, right now I am not really enjoying my breakfast and when the dog mooches, most of the time he wins.

This is one of those random thoughts that I was warning you of in the title of my blog! Thanks for reading. Can anyone suggest a creamy, non gritty organic peanut butter?!

2 comments:

.jessica jo. said...

sounds like you need to make some peanut butter cookies :) i like some organic stuff but i agree -- picky on the peanut butter!

Mandie said...

The most important thing to skip on the peanut butter is the High Fructose Corn Syrup...as long as you're skipping that you'll be much better off :)